
Playing with friends on the waterslide

Will is loving being the center of attention
Will celebrated his fifth birthday on Friday, July 11th. The celebration started on Thursday with a friends' birthday party at our house. He was thrilled to be the center of attention and loved every minute of it. He picked out a "bike" birthday cake because learning to ride a two-wheeler was his big accomplishment for the year and he loves riding his bike.

Friday we went to Ohio for the weekend and the celebration continued. I think about everywhere we went, someone had another gift for him. The cards continued coming in the mail this week so he has truly felt loved.

Another big first for Will was losing his first tooth two days before his birthday. I don't know that you can call it "losing" his first tooth because he had a little help from the dentist. He fell at the YMCA a few months ago and the dentist didn't like the way his roots were looking in the x-ray at his last check-up so she thought it should be pulled. The good news is he did great. She said he did ten times better than he expected. I didn't go back with him, but I could just imagine him with a big grin during the whole appointment. That is typical Will!
Although Will is now five, we have decided (I think) to wait another year before he starts kindergarten. He barely makes the cut-off (August 1st) and it is very common here to wait for summer birthdays. It's a big school so we feel it will give him another year to prepare and another year to enjoy time at home with Mom, Bruce, and Madelyn. This decision has not come easily for us, but we feel it's right for him.
3 comments:
I just figured out that you can leave comments. How fun! Will is looking so big, does he ever not smile?
what a great party! I LOVE the waterslide!
5...wow! He was just so little when we came to Ohio 3 years ago!!
Great pictures, keep them coming!
hey...does Janey, Jill, Joy or Jenny have a blog?
Wow, an amazing shindig, you are amazing Nancy. And happy birthday Will!
Post a Comment