We went to Ohio last weekend and celebrated Naomi's first birthday with family and friends. It was so fun to celebrate her birthday, but a little sad to see our little baby growing up.
Naomi isn't walking yet, but as you can see she is very close. Today I counted her taking eight steps in a row. She is walking between things more and more so I expect her to take off anyday and walk. She has really been getting into things more lately and leaves a path of destruction behind her wherever she goes.
Aaron's cousin's wife made this little cake for Naomi and a beautiful matching one for the rest of us to enjoy. Naomi needed a little help with the candle - she had plenty of it!
Naomi didn't want to touch the cake with her hands too much - she preferred to go for it face first! Everyone was laughing so hard as we watched her stick her face into the cake over and over!
Here's our birthday girl going with her Daddy to get all cleaned up. Yum, that was good cake!
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun. That might be the cutest cake I have ever seen. I am so glad to have your blog. It's a great way to follow and feel like we know each other's families with being so far away!! Miss ya!
cute cake! i thought about trying out cake decorating... I took one class a few months ago and I did pretty good, so i bought some cake decorating stuff from pampered chef (went to aparty recently). Maybe one day i'll be able to make cute cakes like that. :)
I can't believe she's a year old! It feels like just yesterday that we met you for the first time and you were pregnant. Time flies. What a cutie! Tell Elizabeth hi for me, I miss those activity day girls! (I'm in Young Women's now and there is much more drama there :-)
Naomi looked so cute. So much fun to have a one year old. And that cake was so cute. Paige says to tell Elizabeth hi for her.
-Cathie and Paige
Post a Comment