Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun day...finally!

I feel like the past month I have been so busy getting ready to move and then moving that our kids aren't having a very fun summer. I kept telling the kids that when we moved I would find some fun things to do. Today we had a very deserved break from all of the chaos!
We started the day off (if you can call 11:00 starting the day, but it is for us this week) at a local splash pad. Will thought it looked pretty lame when we first arrived, but had more fun than anyone! Naomi didn't like the fountains so she just played on the playground equipment the whole time.
Today was dollar day at the county fair so we headed over after naps. Naomi was pretty nervous about the rides as you can see from the carousel, but the other kids had a great time. The scariest moment for me was riding the ferris wheel with all of the kids. We were stopped on top and I was so afraid one of them was going to climb up on their seat (most likely Will or Bruce). Aaron just laughed at my nonsense when I told him. Since when did a ferris wheel become dangerous? I guess I'm getting old!
Naomi loved all of the animals and waved at all of them from her wagon. So, so cute!
We were just getting ready to leave when we saw that there was a show getting ready to start. Galaxy girl and her death defying stunts were starting. The boys loved watching the motorcycle stunts that were part of the show.
Justin has spent the past four days in Ohio with his cousins and will be returning home tomorrow. Aaron is working out of town so we missed having both of them with us. Aaron has informed me that since he's been traveling so much he has been looking at our blog so this post is as much for him as anyone. Wish you were here with us!

No comments: