Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Naomi!

This morning after Naomi was dressed and had her hair fixed, I wanted to take a few pictures of her. She was so willing to pose for the camera. I will be taking her to get her pictures taken soon and I can guarantee she will not be smiling for the photographer like this. She is a different girl at home. The photographer will have to work very hard to get any kind of smile out of this little girl!
We've been talking to Naomi about her birthday since Christmas. She has been practicing holding up three fingers and has finally mastered holding down that little pinky. She was so excited when Bruce brought her new bike in the house. Too bad we just got a foot of snow yesterday so she won't be riding it anytime soon!
Naomi wanted a ballet cake this year because she loves to put on her ballet shoes, leotard, and tu tu and dance. I looked online, but didn't feel up to the challenge this time so she had to settle for Dairy Queen. Actually, Dairy Queen was Aaron's request and since he didn't ever get a birthday cake, I went with it. A few days ago when we were talking to her about her birthday cake we told her she would blow out the candles and she added, "and make a wish!" Aaron and I were surprised she even knew this. She did pause for a moment today before she blew them out, but didn't tell us what she was wishing for.
I can't believe our little girl is three. I didn't know how I could handle a sixth baby when we had her, but now I can't imagine life without her. She is my little buddy. When Madelyn is in pre-school, we often run errands or go to the gym and she never complains. She holds my hand everywhere we go. She loves to snuggle. She plays so nice with Madelyn and loves her little baby, Lily. She loves Dora, Max and Ruby, Barbie, and princesses.

When I am driving in the car, Naomi often tells me her tummy hurts. Then she tells me that she needs "Daddy to 'kickle' her!" When Aaron gets home after being out of town, she always runs up and wants him to tickle her. No wonder she has him wrapped around her finger! Happy Birthday, Naomi, we love you!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: