Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School!


Yesterday marked another milestone for our family...five kids in school! We have three in elementary and two in middle school. The kids were pretty excited to go back and see their friends. Will has the same teacher as last year because they do a 2nd-3rd grade loop here where they stick with the same teacher. Bruce was so happy he has a couple of his buddies in the same class with him this year. He will have his teacher for the next two years. (I hope she can handle him for that long!)

Elizabeth's first day of school pictures are so much better than last years. It's nice not to be the new girl! Justin doesn't get too excited about anything, but he said today that the second day was way better than the first. Hopefully, it's all up hill from here! He has some exciting things to look forward to this year, like the class trip to Washington, D.C. at the end of the year. I can't believe he will be in high school next year!

Madelyn was definitely the most excited of the kids for school to begin. The first day she only went for an hour while the parents met with all of the kindergarten teachers. Today she couldn't wait to get on the bus. She was the first one on at our stop and hardly even looked back. She loved her first full day.

After we dropped Madelyn off at her class yesterday, this girl was all smiles. As soon as we left she whispered in my ear "just mommy and me!" She is thrilled about the one on one time with me. I have to admit our house was pretty quiet today. I felt a little sad when I made lunch today that it was only the two of us. I don't even want to think about the day she starts school.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

missy said...

I'm glad you guys are off to a good start! Let's hope for a great year!!

Marsha Elaine Allen said...

Its not that bad...I actually forget to eat lunch. Enjoy the time with Naomi!

Marsha Elaine Allen said...

Its not that bad...I actually forget to eat lunch. Enjoy the time with Naomi!