We have been busy working the past few weeks preparing our house to go on the market. We painted, cleaned, de-cluttered, and replaced most all of the light fixtures and hardware throughout the house with oil rubbed bronze. Out with the gold/brass stuff! We had some really great help preparing the house.
We made our "punch list" of items to complete and prioritized them. We had 51 items on the list. I think we're down to about ten left to complete and those ones are pretty minor. The kids have taken the news pretty well. While they love it here, they haven't been here too long so they are a little more open to moving this time. We really hope we can stay longer in our next home. We are moving to eastern Tennessee and have heard great things about the area. We've been in the midwest our whole married life (16 years next month). It's going to be really different, but we're excited about all of the new places to visit and the new friends we'll make.
The only downside to our move will be living in the heart of the SEC, but I guess we have survived living in Notre Dame territory so it can't be that bad. We'll keep you posted when we have news to share!


5 comments:
How exciting for you guys!? I don't think we could get much further away from you though! That's really sad! I hope you and your family all the best!
Now you will be in the best conference...
Message was from JJ Allen
Wow! What a shock! It sounds like you are all in this together and I hope it's a great move for your family. Good luck selling the house (it's BEAUTIFUL!) and getting settled in your new home/life/job.
Hopefully you can still watch Big Ten games!
Post a Comment