Friday, December 14, 2012

My Favorite Things

favorite things 2012 
I'm joining Melissa in her "Favorite Things" party a day late.  Every year when I read everyone else's list I realize how boring I must be because I don't have very many favorite items I cannot live without!  Here is the list I came up with:
The Lands' End flannel sheets are one of my favorite things about cold weather.  I get almost giddy every year with excitement when I put them on our bed and leave them on as long as I possibly can.  I hate being cold.  These sheets are so warm and snuggly...love them!
This Cutco spatula spreader is definitely one of my must have items.  It is almost always in the kitchen sink because I use it for everything.  I've thought of buying an extra, but then I would just have two in my sink so I just wash it...a lot!
 
Edamame is one of my favorite foods and this bag from Sam's Club is my favorite.  It comes with 8 smaller single serving bags (maybe it's technically 1.5 servings).  I eat them for lunch all the time.  These ones are so much fresher than edamame I have bought from other grocery stores.  Very yummy!
 Product Details 
This movie is one of my favorites.  I love watching it with my kids (hubby hates musicals) and hearing them laugh everytime they say the name "Dorcas!"

  
We have had Amazon Prime for a couple of years.  I now cannot imagine Christmas shopping without it.  Free two day shipping is hard to beat!
 
I have a lot of Pampered Chef kitchen tools that make my life a lot easier, but this one has become one of my new favorites.  It minces garlic quickly and is very easy to clean.
Hero
I'm not a big cereal eater, but this one makes eating breakfast a little easier.  Also good with yogurt!
The Navigation app on my smartphone is a lifesaver for me.  We just moved and I love being able speak an address into my phone and it takes me there.  I would literally be lost without it!

I think that's it.  I am loving reading everyone else's lists and finding some things I want...like that line a day journal.  I think that's my kind of journaling and just might need to be added to my Christmas list!  Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I LOVE your "My Favorite Things" post. Living in Alaska, I must agree with the flannel sheets, except they are even so welcoming in the summers up here! :)
I was secretly hoping you'd list your favorite paint and painting product. It seems like you have done so much painting over the last few years, you might have some favorite paint brands, colors and other products. I'd love to hear about it. Especially wondering what color you used in your last master bath... the blue / green?

Hope you are enjoying your new home and being back together as a family again!
Bailey