This week we had our last day of "first days" for this school year. Naomi started preschool. I didn't know if I should shout for joy or cry. I think I did a little bit of both. I'm looking forward to ten hours of week to get a few things done and be able to go to the store by myself, but man, it's so quiet! I've had 14+ years of little ones with me everyday. Naomi is my little buddy and the thought of her going all day to kindergarten next year just leaves me with an emptiness inside.
Naomi and her teacher, Mrs. Penny. Naomi was pretty hesitant to go to preschool, but as soon as we got there, she was so excited and keeps telling me she wants to go everyday.
When I came to pick her up, they were singing a song and Naomi was participating. The tall blonde girl next to her has already become her friend. They are the teacher's helpers and love to play together. The older kids are all settled into their classes now and we seem to be off to a good year. Expecting great things!

No comments:
Post a Comment