Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Golden birthday

 Justin turned 15 on the 15th of this month, aka his "golden" or "special" birthday.  His siblings thought they were pretty funny when they put his gifts in Princess gift bags.
 Naomi painted this cute sign for Justin a couple of weeks ago and was very excited to give it to him.
 This is all Justin has been wanting for months...Aaron is an Android guy, but couldn't talk Justin out of an iPhone.  I don't think he stopped grinning (or using) his new phone all day!
 We planned a little surprise party for Justin at the bowling alley with a bunch of his friends from church.  He was pretty funny and a little in shock with the surprise.
 We're grateful for the good friends Justin has.  We had a lot of fun hanging out with them all afternoon.
After bowling, everyone came back to our house for pizza, ice cream cake, ping pong, and Ender's Game.  While it's not always easy having a teenager who is very independent, I love being his mother.  He is a good student, fulfills his responsibilities at church, and he is the perfect match for Aaron so that I don't have to watch all of his sci fi shows!  Happy Birthday, Justin!  We love you!

1 comment:

missy said...

I don't know about you, but I'm thinking these kids are growing up way too fast! What a handsome and fine young man. Happy Birthday!