Sunday, September 21, 2008

Light the Night

Our family participated in the Light the Night walk for Leukemia on Thursday night. This was our second year to participate in the walk. We were happy to be able to enjoy the walk with some of our good friends. Each employer sponsors someone and this year Aaron's employer was walking for Jillian. There was a big group of us. Last year Jillian had only been diagnosed with Leukemia for about two months when we did this walk. It is so amazing to see the difference in her from last year to this year. She is in maintenance now and still undergoing chemotherapy, but is a shining example to all of us. She (and her family) are great examples of courage and faith through such a tough trial. Here's our little gang of walkers - all sugared up. They provided hot dogs, chips, and an endless supply of popsicles for everyone. I think each kid had a minimum of about four popsicles (notice the red lips!) Jillian is holding the white balloon in the picture above.She was so proud to have her own bag of chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I just spent like an hour at work catching up with your family by reading your blog. So you are expecting a baby girl in January!! Congratulations, I didn't even know you were pregnant. I still talk about Will from time to time. What a handsome little guy!!! Congrats again and good luck with everything. You have such a beautiful family!!! God Bless, AJ Pieracini