Wednesday, October 8, 2008

World's Worst Mom!


Bruce came home yesterday from pre-school and informed me that it had been his turn for show and tell that day. I told him I was sorry I forgot to send something and told him he would have to pick something out for Thursday. He proudly replied, "that's okay Mom, I showed them my coat!"

Aaron and I got a good laugh out of this as we tried to envision Bruce presenting his jacket to his class. Perhaps he showed them all of the nifty features:
pockets, a hood, a zipper... The sad thing is it's last year's jacket and it's even getting too small on him and it was dirty! I wonder if he modeled it for them or if he passed it around to the class like they usually do the fun toys so that everyone can see!

It's times like this I wonder how I am going to keep track of
another child and I have to wonder what the teacher thinks of this poor boy's home life!

16 comments:

Julie said...

I couldn't stop laughing at this. Kids do say the darndest things, don't they? You are a wonderful mom. If that is the most important thing you've ever forgotten you're going to heaven for sure!

Faith Penningtons said...

AHHHH! How cute is that. Maybe he could've taken left over taco's from taco night. You know I am just teasing, I think you are a Wonderful mom, and someday I hope to be half the mom you are. I do wonder what he said about his coat. You'll have to ask him and share with me.

Faith Penningtons said...

Well seeing as how we are about 10 1/2 hours from you now I don't think we'll be stopping over for dinner anytime soon. We barely get back to Ohio. I can't wait to put that house on the market. We've tried to rent it out and no one seems to want to pay rent. Right now my brother-in-law is in it, and we are haveing the same problems with him. I sure do miss you guys.

Sherri said...

That is so funny that he thought to show them his coat. You better remember next time or it might be his shoe or pants or something he has to take off. Funny Bruce!

Colleen said...

Nancy I seriously was laughing at your post. I thought it was so cute and how smart of Bruce to think of that! I think it is AWESOME!!!

Mindy said...

That says alot of that boy! I would have started to cry! Dolly and I did do salsa and I didn't add any jalipinos(sp) so I am a big wimp. Ryan ate some and he said it was like eating tomatoe sauce! I loved it. Dolly cut her hair for some donation at work! Take care. I'll tell Aleigha hi from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! What a cute story, I guess you just have to think that it could have been worse. I also wanted to let you know the post you got that you thought was from Andrew was actually from me Alisha, Nick's wife. I don't have a blog, I just like looking at pics. Take care!!

Faith W said...

I love it! I actually think it says a lot about what a creative and self-sufficient soul he is! Way to teach him such stellar principles Nancy! miss you guys. xo.

Michelle said...

That is adorable, Nancy. What a smart kid, though. He must get that from you :)

Heather said...

That totally cracks me up! I have to say that he's pretty quick on his feet to come up with that though! I wonder how many kids are going to want a jacket JUST LIKE his now! Slick!

Heather said...

That totally cracks me up! I have to say that he's pretty quick on his feet to come up with that though! I wonder how many kids are going to want a jacket JUST LIKE his now! Slick!

Heather said...

That totally cracks me up! I have to say that he's pretty quick on his feet to come up with that though! I wonder how many kids are going to want a jacket JUST LIKE his now! Slick!

Heather said...

Just a side note: Now I get it! I probably posted my previous message 3 times - I didn't realize you previewed them before they appeared on here. Sorry about that!

missy said...

So cute! I've had more than my share of similar moments... a little sad for the child, a little embarassing for me, but Oh-so-funny later! :)

Diane said...

This has got to be the cutest story ever. I love the picture of him so proud of that jacket! That is so cute. Thanks for sharing this so all of us moms feel fine about forgetting things once in a while.

The Haley Family said...

that is really funny! I can just see one of mine showing off their backpack or something because I forgot to send something with them!

You are an awesome mom!