Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Big 1-0


Justin celebrated his tenth birthday on Sunday. He's now officially into the double digits! We just had a quiet day with our family. As quiet as it can be with six kids.

We combined our family Valentine's Day dinner with his birthday dinner because Saturday was a crazy day for us. Justin got to pick out the menu. I think we had chicken curry for the third year in a row.

Our family's favorite...ice cream cake from DQ! This time we went with a Blizzard Cake which was awesome!

Top 10 reasons we love Justin:
1) He loves helping with the little ones...especially holding the babies.
2) He's a great student.
3) All he needs is a pair of sweats and he's happy...NO Buttons!
4) His "happy feet" that keep him dancing all over the place.
5) His ability to put a hole in any pair of socks the first time he wears them.
6) His proficiency with Google and ability to search out anything on the Internet.
7) His uncanny ability to play Wii while his siblings watch and are completely entertained without even getting a turn to play themselves.
8) He's got Lego skills.
9) His inherited (from his Dad) ability to tune everything out when the TV is on, no matter what is on.
10) He still loves to cuddle with Mom and Dad.

7 comments:

It's me, Jenny! said...

Happy Birthday Justin! Nancy, you'll have to check out your facebook page.

missy said...

A kid after my own heart. Chicken Curry is my favorite! And he'd get along great with my Sam. Between the holes in the socks and the entertaining wii player, they're practically twins! :)

Colleen said...

I can't believe Justin is 10. He is such a handsome little man! Does Beth have that chicken curry recipe? Sounds delicious!!!

Julie said...

He looks so grown up. I hardly recognize him. Happy Birthday Justin!

The Haley Family said...

Happy birthday! Ten, wow! Looks like you had a very yummy cake!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Justin! I can't believe he's getting so big.

cvtippetts said...

I loved reading the 10 reasons you love Justin. He is an excellent big brother! I still remember watching my brother play nintendo and feeling completely satisfied:)Happy Birthday Justin!