Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Elizabeth the ballerina


Elizabeth had her annual dance recital Saturday. She danced in two recitals and did a great job! In the past, Aaron and I have always gotten a babysitter for the other kids and just the two of us go. This year we decided that Justin should go and support her. After all, how many soccer and basketball games has Elizabeth sat through for him? I think Aaron's true reason for having Justin go was because misery loves company. He enjoys watching Elizabeth dance, but the rest of the show bores him to tears. So Naomi and I sat in the middle of Justin and Aaron and watched as they swamped sour patch kids and other assorted candies throughout the recital (despite the posted "no food or drink in auditorium signs"). Elizabeth was a little nervous at first, but relaxed and danced beautifully! She loves wearing her costume and getting to wear make-up!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

That is so like our experience with dance, Levi is always ready to leave right after the girls are done. Elizabeth sounds like brooke too, she is nervous at first but ends up doing a great job. Good job Lizzy.

Mariajo said...

She looks soooo cute! a lovely girl!

Diane said...

She looks so grown up! I love her costume.

Colleen said...

She is so cute! I remember going to her dance studio when you lived in Ohio!!