Justin loves to eat so he gave me a menu for the day a few weeks before his birthday. It went like this: bubble bread (aka "monkey bread") for breakfast; curry (3rd year in a row), pineapple, and salad for dinner; and chocolate trifle for his cake.
His birthday was on President's Day so I was looking forward to going to lunch, but he ended up having to go to school to avoid make-up days at the end of the school year. Bummer! So Saturday we got a babysitter and Aaron and I took him to lunch. He was pretty sleepy because he had three friends over Friday night for his birthday and they stayed up really late watching movies and playing video games.
It's fun to see Justin growing up. His thirst for knowledge never ceases to amaze me. I never imagined I would get e-mails from a teacher requesting I speak with my child about his obsession of reading. He gets so engrossed in his books that he sometimes does not pay attention in class. (He's doing better now... I hope!)
Justin loves to play video games, play with friends, play Legos, wrestle with his brothers, swim, read, ask questions, cook, and he enjoys being involved in Student Council at school. He's a very independent boy and already is eagerly looking forward to going to college. The thought of no bedtime, no tv controls, and eating junk food sounds so appealing to him. Yes, that's exactly what adults do.
1 comment:
Happy birthday Justin! I wish we lived closer to each other so you and Morley could hang out! I think I want the curry recipe!
Post a Comment