Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Teenager in the House!!!

Aaron told Justin a few weeks ago that we weren't going to be celebrating his birthday this year, and not for the next seven years because he didn't want a teenager in the house! Not only do we have a teenager in the house, but we will for the next 17 years! In fact, in six years we'll have four in the house so get ready for a fun ride!
Justin had a few of his friends over Saturday night for pizza and then they watched "Real Steel" in 3D. I love how his friends don't mind the younger kids being around, or at least they were pretty good at tolerating them!
I found this ice cream cake on pinterest. Justin wanted me to make it. It was a huge hit and it's pretty easy to make. Win, win! (The recipe can be found here).
It's all downhill for me from here. I think I still have him by at least an eighth of an inch. Better get used to it because they'll probably all pass me up. Well, maybe not Naomi. She's our short one!
Elizabeth made this sign for Justin

Here was Justin on his first day of Kindergarten. I can remember that day like it was yesterday!

Here are 13 things we love about you, Justin:
  • curious mind
  • Amazon skills (buying and selling - he even has his own account)
  • great student
  • self-motivated and responsible with his scouting
  • so cute with his little sisters
  • very good with money
  • good example for younger siblings
  • when I'm overwhelmed and stressed, he tries to calm the kids
  • adapts easily
  • avid reader
  • motivated - already planning for college
  • loyal friend
  • eats almost anything I make and usually likes it (except nuts or broccoli)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Haley Family said...

I am SO not ready for teenagers! Happy birthday Justin! I hope Morley hits his growth spurt soon...I mean Matt is 6'4"!