Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dollywood


Last Saturday I was a chaperone for these fun girls all day long at Dollywood.  Having not met any of Elizabeth's friends at her new school, I was eager to spend the day with them.  What a great group of girls!  And our timid little Elizabeth was actually amazing.  She went on her first upside down roller coaster ride.  I guess this is one case where peer pressure was a good thing because I don't think she would have done it without her friends' encouragement!

The weather was less than desirable.  I knew it was going to be bad when I looked at the hourly forecast Friday night for Saturday and it had rain every stinking hour!  We actually were able to get one ride in before the rain started.  Yes, true to forecast, we had rain nearly the entire time we were there.   

This was my favorite time of the day - we were able to get inside and out of the rain.  I wouldn't have minded sitting inside all afternoon and watching the entertainment, but nope, the girls were ready to go back out.  (No, Elizabeth did not finish this ginormous chili dog!)

Best $5 spent the entire day?  This lovely rain poncho!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: