Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teenager #2


Today Elizabeth turned 13 so we now have two teenagers living in our house.  I have to say that so far it hasn't been too bad.  Justin is a pretty good kid and Elizabeth is pretty great to have around too.  Here she is today in true teenager form on her ipod.  This is her favorite way to relax after a day of school.

Elizabeth's youth leader from church lives across the street from our house.  This is a first for us having someone from church live so close.  We love it!  She brought a dozen roses over for Elizabeth.  She definitely knows how to win Elizabeth over!  

I feel so lucky to be Elizabeth's mom.  She is beautiful inside and out.  I regularly get emails and letters from her teachers telling us what a good student she is and such a joy to have in class.  She is so thoughtful to others and very kind-hearted.  She loves to plan activities for her younger sisters and cousins.  She lights up when she goes into a mall or really any store.  Lest you think Elizabeth is perfect, she does have her shortcomings.  She is great with her little sisters, but she is a little short on patience with her younger brothers.  We all need something to work on, right?  (As you can see from the above picture, I need to work on  my cake decorating skills).  Love you, Elizabeth!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: