Monday, July 29, 2013

Family Vacation


We began our family vacation at a little reunion in Alpine, Utah, with a few friends from Toledo, Ohio.  There were a lot who couldn't make it, but it was sure fun to see those who could.  Sadly, it's been so long since we lived there now that it was mostly a reunion for the adults because the kids hardly remember each other.

Here are the kids overlooking Bear Lake on our way to the Power family reunion.  We spent three nights together at Bear Lake.

The first day of our reunion was Will's birthday.  I think he has probably spent at least half of his ten birthdays in Idaho with family. 
We spent two days at Bear Lake playing in the water.  The first day we rented a water trampoline and the second day was boating.  The kids would have probably just been happy to play in the sand all day.

Have you ever seen a pizza so big?  This 28" pizza was one of many devoured by our group.

Tobi and Lacee singing at our family talent show.  Tobi rode home with us and is quite the little singer.  Look for her on American Idol in a few years...

Look for Andy on Jay Leno playing his recorder with his nose.  The first song he played with one.  I didn't get a picture of his second song where he used two recorders and played one out of each nostril.  What a talented nephew I have!
Time to take a break from the water and enjoy some craft time.

Here's our whole group.  I think the Power family now numbers around 47, with one more coming in December.  This was the first time we had all been together since 2008.

In Idaho, we had lots and lots of cousin bonding time.  These two were together all the time.  Most of the time they were actually interacting with each other.  I think they played about ten games of Monopoly.

We were able to see Brooke (on the left) dance at the Oakley Days Festival.  She did awesome!  

Playing games with Grandma

Last picture with the boys and Kayden for at least two years.  He leaves the end of November for a 2-year mission in Mexico.

The kids with Great Grandma.  She just loved seeing the kids, especially Madelyn and Naomi who were constantly giving her hugs and kisses.
The night before we flew home I was able to meet a few of my roommates from my freshman year of college for dinner.  It's impossible to fit 20 years of catching up into an evening together, but we attempted.  

Who wouldn't be tired after all of this fun?!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love the sleeping picture. I think synchronized sleeping should be an Olympic event! What a fun trip. We missed you here, but glad you were able to go.