We're pretty sure our deck hadn't ever been refinished since our house was built. It was in desperate need of some sprucing up. We decided it would be a good summer project for the family. All of the rain we received this summer made this project extra challenging. Luckily, the wood soaked in the stain so there were many times I would work on it for an hour or two and an hour later it would rain, but it was totally dry.
Did I mention we wanted this to be a family project? Bruce was okay with the idea because it meant using heavy equipment.
Having a two-story deck to stain wasn't easy. I was okay with doing the inside of the deck that is easy to reach, but I left most of the outside work that required being 10 feet off the ground up to Aaron.
Here's the finished product. Next project: buy a nice patio set so we can actually sit out and enjoy it!
Did I mention we didn't just stain the deck, but the fence around the pool as well? The deck took almost 9 gallons of stain and by the time we are finished with the fence (we still have the inside of the fence to do), we will probably have used about 16 gallons on the fence. Yes, that's a lot of stain!

No comments:
Post a Comment