Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Boy


Bruce's 1st birthday


Yesterday Bruce celebrated his fourth birthday. He's been very excited about his upcoming birthday and very specific about what he wanted. He wanted a tiger birthday cake and he wanted his friends Kyle and Carson over to play. These are expectations I can handle. We started out the morning with our standard homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He opened his gifts before breakfast because we had a busy night and figured this way he could play with them all day anyway.

At lunch his friends Kyle and Carson came over to eat lunch and play. He played so hard and had a great time. We pick Elizabeth up from school on Wednesdays because the bus doesn't get here in enough time to get her changed and to ballet. With all of the running in the car, he fell asleep and slept until dinner. He was happy to wake up and eat pizza and his birthday cake (what a healthy day of eating!)

Today he took treats into pre-school and celebrated his birthday some more. He came home very happy with all of the attention. We appreciate the phone calls he received and apologize that he is not much of a talker on the phone. He's got better things to do...like play!

5 comments:

The Haley Family said...

Happy birthday Bruce! Great cake Nancy! I love when expectations are easy to do!!

Colleen said...

How cute! I can't believe Bruce is really getting so big! Sounds like he had a super fun day!

Michelle said...

Nancy, you did such a great job on the cake! I am very impressed. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Mindy said...

Great cake-I buy the hard candy things that you can just put on the cakes and that is what my kids get!

Lesa said...

You are an exceptional mother. A great cake and homemade cinnamon rolls! Those are a dream childhood.