is a new crown! Last week I went to the YMCA to "workout" (if you can call a 7-month pregnant lady on a treadmill a workout). When I dropped Madelyn off at babysitting the women who work there started talking to me. I unzipped my jacket and one of the ladies immediately said "whoa, where did that come from? You didn't look like that last week!" Yes, baby is growing and so am I. She remarked how great I look to have all of my hair and teeth after five, almost six kids.
So I finish my workout and come home. I decided to indulge in a rice cake and felt something hard as I bit down...a piece of my tooth. This morning I went to the dentist for an exam. The result: a $1200 estimate for a crown. The good news is I don't need a root canal...or so she hopes! I had never had major dental work until two years ago and now I've had two root canals and going on my third crown. The price we pay for having kids. I haven't been back into the Y since my visit last week due to the many doctor and dentist appointments, Primary meetings, etc. I've had, but I'm going to be sure and thank that woman for cursing me with her comment next time I go!
6 comments:
I think we need some pictures of you and your growing belly on here!
Wow, what a comment from the 'Y' employee. I am sorry about your tooth. And, believe me, if I thought having children would cost me my teeth and hair, I would probably not had children. Loosing your figure and, in some cases an identity, is bad enough.
Pregnancy brings out the worst in our teeth! I'm sorry. That bites. ;) At least you do look good!
So sorry about your teeth. Congrats on number six. You are braver than I!
ouch!
Good for you to be at the gym at 7 months pregnant! Maybe if I'd done that...I wouldn't have had to lose so much!!!
GOOD JOB!
When you said all you wanted was a new crown, I thought maybe your tiara was damaged or you were somehow not feeling very much like the Queen you are. :) Sorry it's tooth related. That's no fun!
Post a Comment