Friday, March 20, 2009

What are the chances?


I think we've had more than our fair share of thumbsuckers in this family. Justin and Elizabeth both took a pacifier, but we've been all thumbs ever since. Will sucked his until he was about three and a half and cut his thumb in the door. (He still sneaks in an occasional suck!) Bruce still sucks his thumb, but mostly just at night or while watching tv. Madelyn was a thumbsucker for a year - it was perfect - no lasting effects, but made for a very content baby. Within minutes of me commenting to Aaron two weeks ago that Naomi doesn't seem to be interested in her thumb, I walked into the room to see her sucking her thumb! She hasn't picked it up full-time, but she seems to be headed there. Anyone know a good orthodontist?

8 comments:

Julie said...

She's adorable Nancy! Sucking her thumb only adds to her adorability. Katelyn was our only thumb-sucker and it looks like she won't ned orthodontics. Mikayla, on the other hand didn't take a pacifier or her thumb and we are going to have to mortgage the farm for her ortho work. You never know!

Amy said...

Nancy she is so adorable! I want another little girl or maybe if we could just see her soon!

Colleen said...

What a sweet little girl you have! I think she is adorable! I always love when my nieces and nephews suck their thumbs...it is really cute! But I know what you mean!!

Sherri said...

Maybe thumbsucking is genetic. We haven't had any, but the days when I was taking the pacifier away it made me wish they sucked their thumbs. Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Naomi looks! Grown up I should say. She is sooo cute. I can't wait to love on her this summer. Also congrats Justin on your regatta race. Must run in the family, Luke & Kolton always were in the top with their pinewood derby cars. Aunt Kris

Diane said...

Oh soooo cute. We had a champion thumbsucker at our house (Justin until 1st grade)...not so cute after about 3. But she is so dang adorable.

Kate said...

Thumbsucking is just too cute. I love little Naomi. She's so cute and that's always been my favorite name!! Your family sure has grown and you all look wonderful.

Kate Cupps

The Haley Family said...

I love that picture!!! None of mine did the thumb...Ella ditched the passy at 6 months and still loves her 2 fingers!