We've been in our house for over three years and I've been dying to update the whole time, but have been busy having babies and taking care of little ones. Our lives haven't really slowed down, but I can't take these white walls and outdated curtains any longer! I told Aaron that my New Year's resolution was to at least BEGIN updating our home. For anyone who has been to our house, you know what an undertaking this is. This is the reason we have waited three years. (Excuse my loveliness in this picture - my painting clothes are not a pretty sight and I hadn't even showered here after my morning run. Lovely.)
We have a very open floor plan on our main level. This is a picture taken from our Valentine's dinner party. These custom curtains I'm sure were quite lovely when the previous owners had their very formal furniture in here.
We're done painting our first room. The walls weren't too bad - the trim and windows were a huge pain! It was all worth it because I love the warmth it brings to the room.
We still need to buy new curtains and a new light fixture for above the table, but I'm so thrilled with the new color. Another added bonus of the project is we now have clean windows! I'm still trying to decide on a color for our family room, but that's my next project. A special thanks to Aaron's Mom and Dad who came over and helped me finish up the trim work. I'm still hoping for Aaron's help with the painting, although he has been very good about helping me clean up and move things.
4 comments:
I LOVE that color! It looks so good. I can't believe you did that with 6 kids! You amaze me!
Nice job Nancy. And after moving into our new home, I am very impressed that you have taken on that yourselve. Me, we had a painter do it and I know how much that cost. So be happy, you are saving lots and lots of money by doing it on your own.
Love the before/after contrast. Wow!! We've gone through and redone a room at a time over the past 10 years. Of course, some rooms are on their 2nd and 3rd updates as we try new things and sometimes wonder 'what were we thinking!' Good luck with the rest. Can't wait to see more updates.
I love the color. I wish I could have came to help. Maybe next time.
Post a Comment