Monday, January 24, 2011

Merry Late Christmas!

We bought the kids a bunch of puppets for Christmas this year, but didn't get the puppet stage made in time. We wanted the kids to be able to help us make it anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Here's Aaron in the cold garage cutting out the windows. He loves getting to use his power tools!
Aaron did a great job building it. Will has a friend at school whose Dad made one for their family. We went over and visited their house to get ideas.
The kids helping sand the edges so no one gets splinters.

Last year when I painted the house the kids were always begging to help. Being the perfectionist I am, I didn't let them do much. This was their stage so we wanted to let them do some of the work. Here they are priming the wood - they loved getting to paint!

Bruce painting one of the sideboards.

...and here's the finished puppet stage! We're still going to do a little more decorating, but it's basically done. Our kids love putting on shows so we look forward to some good entertainment!

3 comments:

Kate said...

That is AWESOME!!! Your kids sure are lucky!

Heather said...

I love it, Nancy! You're such a great mom (and Aaron is great, also!). Keep posting things like this. It makes for a great instructional of how I could be a better mom and some fun ideas for our future! Maybe you could post some video footage of some of your puppet plays. I'd love to see!

missy said...

Sadie and I love the puppet stage!! What a great job you all did together. If you can think of, and would like, a cute saying to go above the big window or something, I'd be happy to provide the letters! (Maybe "Once Upon A Time..." or something like that??) Seriously, let me know! (By the way, Jeff loves reasons to use his power tools, too.) ;)