A few weeks ago Will and Bruce came home from a friend's house and were so excited to share the recipe with me for homemade play-doh. We have a ton of play-doh in the house so I was not excited to make more. Will begged me to make it so we did one Sunday afternoon. To my delight, it was very simple and not at all messy to make. The kids loved how smooth it was to play with and loved getting to pick out their own colors. For the brave ones, here is the recipe:
1 Cup salt
2 Cups flour
2 Cups water
2 TBLS salad oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
Mix everything together in a saucepan. Cook until it thickens and forms a ball. Remove from the heat and knead on a floured surface. Add food coloring of choice. Store in airtight container.

4 comments:
does it have to be salad oil??
I just used canola oil and it worked fine.
Wonder Mom strikes again.
Cathie
I love this recipe. You can also use kool aide to color the dough. It makes it smell really yummy. Too bad it still tastes like salt.
Post a Comment