Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's the little things...

I love making the kids feel special on their birthday. It's one day they get to pick what we have for breakfast and dinner, skip out on chores, and feel extra love from everyone. This year I put these streamers up on Justin's door after he went to bed the night before his birthday. It took me about five minutes, but has received so much attention. Bruce wondered why I didn't do that for his birthday. Madelyn has the next birthday and wonders if I will hang them for her. How long will they be up? Will we do this for everyone's birthdays from now on, etc... It makes me realize sometimes such a small effort can make such a big difference in making someone feel special.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim T. said...

Great idea, Nancy! I know what you mean. My kids do the same thing - making such a big deal out of something that was such a small effort. Coming from a large family myself, I know how much those individual small things can mean. You are such a good mom! Your kids are so lucky!