I would love to be able to spend more time with the kids at school, but it just isn't possible with the little ones at home. Yesterday I made arrangements for the girls so that I could eat lunch with Justin, Elizabeth, and Will at school. I picked Bruce up from morning Kindergarten and he came along with me. Will and Bruce chose McDonalds (no picture), Elizabeth chose Subway, and Justin chose Taco Bell. After all of the running around to get their food, I'm realizing why I don't do this more often!
Bruce loved being able to hang out with the older kids and Justin begged me to leave him for the afternoon. I know Bruce would have loved it, but I don't know that the 6th grade teachers would have loved it. It was fun to sit with the kids and hang out with them amidst the chaos in the cafeteria. In a few more days, I'll be eating lunch everyday with these kiddos at home!
1 comment:
I tried to have lunch with the kids about once a week during the year. Trying to get both of them lunch feels like it takes all day, but it's so fun to see them with their friends.
Post a Comment