Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strawberry picking

I always forget to bring my camera when we go to pick strawberries, blueberries, or apples. I finally remembered this year! Justin and Elizabeth were my best pickers. Justin is competitive and likes to outpick everyone. This works for me as it just means we have MORE strawberries!
We went picking with our good friends, the Tippetts. The weather was even beautiful...not too hot or humid!
Bruce was very serious about his strawberry picking and Gracelyn is just happy to pose for the camera.
Our kids pack lunches for school almost everyday and eat peanut butter and jelly most of the time. I know this looks like a lot of jam and I'll probably even make more, but I know we'll use it all. This year we ran out in March and I had to buy strawberries to hold us over for a few months until the strawberries were ready to pick. We don't have a garden, but the kids like knowing they picked the berries and helped make the jam.

1 comment:

Introspective Steph said...

i used to hate strawberry picking when I was little...but now I love picking. LOL. I love making recipes with fresh ingredients. And I think fresh berries taste a lot better than store bought and sometime they are even cheaper! I plan on going blueberry picking around July 4th. :)