Tuesday, June 7, 2011

School's out!

This was Justin's final year at Harrison Elementary. There was a breakfast with the 6th graders and their parents and a slideshow to commemorate this big event. It was fun to go with just the two of us and I might have even shed a tear or two thinking about our boy being all grown up! When did this happen?
Justin with two of his best buddies from school: Aaron and Luke
Have you ever seen a more proud Kindergarten graduate? Bruce has loved kindergarten and I can't believe how well he has done. He is eager to read and loves to practice writing whenever he gets the chance.
We had an end of the school year party at our house. Our good friends, the Ousleys, brought their fun waterslide over. Ours got a hole in it a couple of years ago so our kids were so excited to get to play on one again. What a fun celebration to a super fun school year!
Elizabeth has the best group of friends at school. This has made it extra hard for her to leave. She came home from school on Friday in tears, along with two of her friends AND one of the mom's! These girls are amazing!
Aaron brought home a bunch of shaving cream for the kids to play with and they loved it! Elizabeth got her friend's dad and thought she was pretty funny...until he retaliated. She refused to look at the camera for a picture, but I think you can see that he got her pretty good. Just a sidenote...notice that Heather is drinking her Root Beer out of an Ohio State cup. We won't tell any of your Kentucky loving family (wink, wink)!

We don't have any pictures to post, but Justin had his end of the year party on Saturday. Aaron took them to the park for a shaving cream fight and then they swam in the lake after so we didn't have any mess to clean up at our house! School is officially over and now we are in full moving mode. I am trying to balance preparing to move with letting our kids be kids. They are in swim lessons right now and next week Will has Cub Scout day camp.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Summer is the BEST!! I wish it could stay the first week of June for about 4 months!! I love having the kids home. You guys have a wonderful summer. I am sure you have all sorts of fun planned. Let me know when you come to Ohio so we can plan a sleepover with the boys :)