My plan for my birthday this year was simple: avoid it. I turned the big 4-0 and Aaron had other plans for me. In fact, I'd say he ought to be a contestant for husband of the year this year. He contacted several family and friends and invited them to participate in a 40-day countdown for my birthday. He had each person sign up for a day and choose what they wanted to do.

The countdown began on September 19th and my first delivery were these beautiful flowers above. I had a few flower deliveries and loved having such beautiful flower arrangements!

Each day for 40-days I looked forward to someone's thoughtfulness. My kids would come home from school each day eager to see what I got that day. I haven't ever had so many deliveries in my life! Gifts ranged from an e-mail from my nephew who is serving a mission to gifts cards, cheesecakes, a poem, a slide show, perfume, and jewelry. I feel spoiled! Aaron signed himself and the kids up several times and was awesome with having something ready for me before he went out of town.

This morning Elizabeth and I enjoyed using one of my gift cards and getting pedicures. This was Elizabeth's first time and she loved it! I feel overwhelmed with all of the love that was shown to me. People signed up who have only known me for a few months. It makes me want to pay it forward and bring joy to someone else's life the way that my life has been touched the past 40 days. Thank you to wonderful family and friends and especially to Aaron! I'm one lucky girl!
1 comment:
Wow! What fun! So much for 40 passing by without a fuss. The whole pay it forward idea will allow the entire year to be a good one! (I hope it's your best year so far!) Happy Birthday! :)
Post a Comment