Who knew Michigan had so much yummy produce? Last Monday I was invited to pick grapes at a Welch's vineyard BEFORE the workers came in to pick. In about a half an hour's time, I had enough grapes to can 37 quarts of grape juice.
Another friend let me borrow her hopper to make applesauce. I usually cut and peel the apples and then make applesauce in the crockpot. What a timesaver this was! My friend warned me my shoulder would probably be sore the next day from all of the cranking, but it wasn't at all because my kids wanted to do most of it!

2 comments:
You've been busy! The extent for me right now is freezer jam. Maybe someday I'll jump into the whole canning thing. It's always in the back of my mind. Enjoy the fruits of your labors! :) (Pun intended.)
I still haven't learned the art of canning, but I hope to. I still rememember your yummy cinnamon applesauce made with red hots! That was soooo good!
Post a Comment