This week has been a little crazy around here. I keep thinking each week that the next week will be a little better, but that just doesn't ever seem to happy. I think I just need to face the facts that with six kids, life is not going to slow down!

Monday night Justin and Elizabeth each had a choir concert. Elizabeth was delighted as it gave her an excuse to get a new outfit. She has been searching for the past two months for a black and white outfit. It's not nearly as exciting for the boys: black slacks and a white shirt.

Madelyn wanted to pose for a picture just like Justin and Elizabeth. She loves being in the spotlight!

Justin and Elizabeth both received high honors for the first grading period and were recognized at an early morning recognition ceremony. We are proud of their hard work in school, especially being new to Middle School and this school system.

Will was the student of the week in his class this week. Each day he brought in something to tell about himself and then on Friday, he was able to bring in a poster about himself and his family. Aaron has been gone a lot so Will was thrilled to have his Dad be able to come in. He was so excited that we all came in. That morning, he kept giving me specific instructions about bringing the girls in. They needed to look cute and have their hair fixed. He was very adamant about it all. When was the last time you saw my girls without a bow or ribbon in their hair?

The past two weeks, Will and Bruce have been participating in a wrestling camp. Today they had a wrestling tournament. It was their first time to wrestle in any kind of a tournament. Bruce is somewhat less focused than Will. He can normally be found running in circles, hanging on one of the coaches, basically just oblivious to what is going on around him. Will is considerably more focused, aggressive, and pretty strong.

Will's team won the tournament. Will went undefeated for the day and is now super excited about wrestling!
1 comment:
I love Elizabeth's outfit! There is a little girl in Soren's class who looks SO MUCH like Elizabeth that I think of her every week when I help in his room. I'll have to take a picture of her and send it to you to see if you think so too. Crazy!
Post a Comment