Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday festivities

We celebrated Madelyn's birthday bright and early on Thursday because Aaron had to go out of town for a couple of days. She didn't mind getting up a little early to open gifts!
Madelyn begs me every time we go to the mall to do the "jump thing." She always asks me if she can do it when she's five. It was her lucky day!
We brought her good friend Piper with us who also hadn't done the jump before. They were both so excited and loved it! Great, now she's going to want to do it every time we go!
Madelyn is obsessed with weddings so we got her this dress-up for her birthday. One day we were driving in the car and she was stressing over who she is going to marry. I told her I could pick him out for her and she promised to let me. I need to get this in writing.
Yesterday we had a birthday party with her friends. She requested a Barbie cake and thanks to the help of my neighbor and a great You Tube tutorial video, I managed to pull this one off. It's not perfect, but she loved it and that's all that matters, right?
Madelyn with most of her guests
Elizabeth and her friend Mariah painting the girls' nails
Naomi playing "Kiss the Frog". The girls had to place lips on the frog's smile. Thank you, Aaron, for making the frog for me!
What a fun few days we have had celebrating Madelyn's 5th birthday. She has been looking forward to this day for weeks. She keeps asking questions that begin with, "Now that I'm five, can I..." Madelyn is so outgoing and loves to make friends. She loves to dance, play soccer in the backyard, ride her bike, and play babies, Barbies, and Polly's with Naomi. She will begin Kindergarten in the fall and is so excited. Naomi and I are really going to miss having her with us, but I know she will love school!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm pretty sure Piper was more excited for Madelyn's birthday than she was for her own! I don't know what it is about turning 5, but apparently, it is a big deal!