Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Windy City - Spring Break

Thursday morning the kids and I headed to Chicago. Aaron met us that night after work. Our first stop was the Children's Museum at Navy Pier. I have taken the kids a lot of places by myself, but Chicago during Spring Break was definitely an experience! Let's just say we weren't the only ones who thought of going there for a few days. It was fun to see the kids watch in amazement as we were walking down Michigan Avenue at the hoards of people.
Our good friends from Toledo (who now live in Omaha) were also in town so we met them there. We haven't seen a lot of each other the last few years, but Alisha and I had plenty to talk about. The best line came from her son Andy who asked when he was going to get to play with his new friends again. He doesn't remember that they used to play together all the time. Andy used to refer to Bruce and Will as one entity: BruceyWill! It was great to see them again!
Elizabeth and Naomi ready for a day of hard work!
Friday we visited Legoland. This place was also very busy, but we still had a great time. Our boys love playing with Legos and loved getting to see all of the creations. One of their favorite parts of the museum was the 4D movie. Naomi kept reaching out trying to touch everything and loved the sprays of water and wind.
What's more cool than posing with Batman?
Elizabeth is not our thrill seeker when it comes to rides. The couple of rides they had at Legoland were about her speed. I think she rode this one three times.

I was thinking I should have taken pictures of our kids riding the escalator at the mall or playing on the elevator at our hotel because I think they had as much fun doing that as they did at the museums. Our neighbor told us that's always a highlight of their trips to Chicago as well so it's nice to know we aren't alone.

No comments: