Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lucky girl

Yesterday I celebrated my 30 something birthday and felt so blessed to have another great birthday. The day started out with a gift from Elizabeth:

The kids had a book fair at school last week and she brought a few dollars to school so she could buy this book for me. She had already read it so she was able to give a brief synopsis of the book. How cute of her to plan ahead and think of me!

A good friend, Cesily Tippetts, sent dinner home with Elizabeth Monday evening from piano lessons so that I wouldn't have to make dinner last night. It was delicious and so nice not to have to cook! Thanks, Cesily!

Justin made me this big chocolate chip cookie cake (he LOVES baking cookies) and Aaron and the kids decorated it for me. They were very proud of their work!

Aaron and the kids all gave me something I can't believe I wanted...a wheat grinder! Of course Aaron thoroughly researched them and this one is supposed to be very quiet and has a capacity of 20 cups! I've been borrowing one from a friend the past few months so I'm happy not to have to bother her anymore.

Tomorrow Cesily is taking the kids during lunch so Aaron and I can go out to lunch. Wow! We haven't been out together since we were in Idaho last August! What a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends! Thanks for all of the phone calls yesterday too!

9 comments:

Renae said...

What a fun birthday! Happy Birthday to you! I love your kitchen by the way. :)

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday!! Now we are the same age. Aren't kids the best(especially the girls who plan ahead like that!) Does your wheat grinder have an attachment that you can turn it by hand too?

Colleen said...

I'm so glad that you had a Happy Birthday! Was our song just the icing on the cake or what? just kidding but Beth told me about the cute paper Justin wrote for you! :)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! After 30 our birthdays become more for the kids and it sounds like yours loved the day just as much as you did.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you on the phone the other day. We were thinking of you! Yesterday Luke had his Sr. Night fball game and couldn't have had a better game w/3 touchdowns & 1 field goal then we went trick or treating after because the girls are at state vball today & tomorrow so we are going to watch them tonight. It's nice to live in a town where you can reschedule Halloween for vball tournaments!!

We love you and will call again next week. Happy birthday anyway!!! Your 30 something big sis Kris

Sherri said...

I'm so glad that you had such a good birthday! I always think that it should really be called a Breakday, and we should get a break from everything for just one day.

Mariajo said...

Happy Birhtday Nancy! Pregnancy makes look even more beautiful! Say Hi to Aaron from us!
love, Hec and Maria

The Haley Family said...

TOTALLY jealous of your wheat grinder! Happy birthday! I can't wait to see how your bread turns out...let me know what great recipes you find!!

missy said...

Happy Birthday! I, too, have an October birthday. I didn't bother blogging about mine because it was pretty crummy. Ha! So glad yours was fun. We love Fancy Nancy at our house, too. :)