Monday, August 17, 2009

First day of school


The kids started school this morning. They were so excited, even though the weather was less than cooperative. It started storming at about four in the morning and has continued off and on throughout the day. What a dreary day!

Justin is in fifth grade; Elizabeth, fourth; and Will, kindergarten. The kids have been busy talking on the phone to their friends the last week, finding out who will be in their class. Justin claims he isn't excited, but of course he was. Elizabeth couldn't wait and Will popped out of bed as soon as I went in this morning. This is a small miracle for a boy who is normally very grumpy in the mornings.

Madelyn had her shoes on and was ready to go this morning too!

Perhaps the most exciting part of the day for Will was getting to ride the bus. He has half day kindergarten so I picked him up at 11:30. He was smiling from ear to ear. He loved it and was thrilled that there are several kids he knows from pre-school in his class.

4 comments:

Janetta said...

That's so exciting! Three kids in school and riding the bus. It's good that Will has his brother and sister to ride with him. Getting up early has been new for me this year. Thanks for your comments about lunches. That's been an adventure too. I guess Haysannah is surviving though. She seems fine when she gets home (but in need of a snack).

It's me, Jenny! said...

Yeah for Will, Lizzy and Justin..I'm sure you're going to miss them during the day.

Colleen said...

How fun! I always loved the first day of school! Your kids are so cute and I love to hear all your cute stories...well I guess read them!! :)

Julie said...

Wow, I can't believe it's almost that time again. The summer went by so fast. You are lucky your kids were so excited to go back. Mine say they are dreading the da after labor day. (That is when they start school again)