Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vacation, part two


Here are a few highlights of our time in Idaho:
  • going to the drive-in movie (Elizabeth enjoyed it more than she appears in the picture)
  • swimming in Grandma's little pool with cousins
  • riding the 4-wheeler
  • Aaron laying bricks at my mom and dad's house
  • camping
  • lots of time on the 4-wheeler and motorcycles
  • lots of good food
  • the worst case ever of pink eye for Madelyn (notice the puffy eyes)
  • fun memories with family
  • celebrating Sage's 3rd birthday while camping

We loved spending time with Great-Grandma too. This was taken the night before we left - Elizabeth does not like good-byes!

On our way home, we stopped at Martin's Cove, Devil's Gate, Independence Rock, and the Guernsey ruts all in Wyoming and Chimney Rock in Nebraska. We loved all that we were able to see and do, but it's great to be home and rest a few days before school starts!

4 comments:

The Busy Burnham Bunch said...

It looks like you guys had a great vacation and are now home, getting ready for school to start and football.
That is so cute about Elizabeth. I think its sweet that she doesn't like goodbyes. From what I remember about her, that does not surprise me at all.
Amanda couldn't believe that you guys saw Jackson, she couldn't believe how big Jackson and Justin seemed. It was funny to me, maybe she still picture's them younger, even though she has grown too.
Also, how fun that you were able to see the Petersen's for a little bit. We also got the chance to visit with them when they drove through Provo on there way to Rapid City. Carolyn also told me that they visited with the Halverson's when they stopped in Denver.

The Busy Burnham Bunch said...

If you get two post's from me, sorry. I am still trying to figure this blog stuff out.
It looks like you guys had a great vacation. I am impressed that you guys drove. Now its back to home, school and soon football.
I think it's sweet that Elizabeth doesn't like goodbyes. From what I remember of her, that does not surprise me at all.
Amanda could not believe how big Jackson and Justin looked. I think she still pictures them younger but she doesn't think of herself that way. She thought it was fun that you guys got to see them.
Fun that you were able to see Petersen's in Rapid City. We visited with them when they drove through Provo on thier way to SD. Carolyn also mentioned that they saw Halverson's while they were in Denver. Seriously, we really do need to plan a get together one of these days. Maybe I'll work on that. It would be fun.

Marsha Elaine Allen said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I don't like Aaron's facial hair. Its so nice that you take all these pictures and we all get to enjoy them. Thanks

Sherri said...

It was so good seeing you guys, our turn to come up there now. How are madelyn's eyes doing? We came home with what Saige had but we are getting over it.