Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Four months old!


I wish I had a "pause" button that I could use on Naomi. She is growing up too fast! We are trying to love every moment of it, but it seems to go too quickly because of our busy life. I feel like I'm always on the go and don't have enough time to enjoy her. I think Naomi has found a way to remedy this with feedings in the middle of the night. She is probably our worst sleeper of all of our kids. I feel like a walking zombie most days. Thankfully, at least she is taking naps during the day a little bit so I can at least get a little bit done during the day. Needless to say, it has been a real struggle for me to find balance between family, household chores, and all other responsibilities. I'm sure I'm not alone in this struggle. I think it's something all of us moms are always trying to balance. It has definitely given me a greater appreciation for my mom and the amazing job she did with our family. Thanks, Mom!

Back to Naomi...she is a wonderfully, happy baby and loves all the attention she gets from her siblings. Madelyn has even warmed up to her and brings a big smile to her face (most of the time). She is giggling and has the most beautiful smile. She's also very healthy! She takes the prize for being our chubbiest baby...15 pounds, 12 ounces at her four month check-up. Elizabeth was 15 pounds, 8 ounces so not far off. Hopefully she slows down or I'm not going to be able to carry her! We're looking forward to hopefully seeing some family (who haven't seen her yet) in the next couple of months so we can show her off.

5 comments:

The Haley Family said...

what a cutie pie!!! Love the dark hair and smile!!

It's me, Jenny! said...

Hey Nancy...she is getting so big and more adorable each day! Can't wait to spend some time with you all this weekend. Do you want to try and scrapbook? Not sure if there is time...but I think I'm going to get some cards done for teachers.

Sherri said...

I hope that family you are talking about is us, because we would love to meet Naomi, she's going to be so big by the time we get to see her. I wish we could come out there and see you guys, maybe sometime.

Julie said...

So cute! I'm with you Nancy. Who would have ever thought "balance" could be so hard?

Diane said...

I love this post. Balance???? When you figure it out let me know :)

She is beautiful Nancy