Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life's lessons

I just finished painting our upstairs hallway for the third night in a row. The first night I primed it. The second day I painted it and ran out of paint with one little section. I went and bought a pint to finish it up. It was custom made and I forgot to bring the gallon with me to color match, but I knew how they made it. Apparently, when they are mixing different sized cans, it may not divide evenly so the color could be slightly different. I painted the rest of it last night and realized this morning that the last section was a slightly different color than the rest of the hallway. The problem: I liked the new color better! So this morning I went back to Sherwin Williams and bought (in pint size) two more cans of paint so that I could re-paint yesterday's work.

Lesson learned: Make sure you buy enough paint for your project the first time around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What color did it end up? Pictures?

Bailey