Today Madelyn celebrated her fourth birthday. She has been excited for weeks about her upcoming birthday. This morning when I went to workout at the Y, I scanned her card and it said happy birthday to her. Someone at the front desk asked if it was her birthday and how old she was. She told them she is three. When I tried to correct her, she told them she wasn't four yet because she hadn't had her party.

Madelyn loves her doll, Abby. She has been going through the American Girl catalog pointing out everything she wants which is pretty much everything. She loves to play with the play food so we bought her the little high chair.


My cake decorating skills are very limited, but improving with each birthday. We found this butterfly on line (here) and she loved it.
Bruce picked out the movie "Tangled" for Madelyn and has been dying to have her open it so that HE could watch it. Elizabeth was at dance tonight so after she opened her gifts, she snuggled up with the boys to watch new new movie! How cute is that?
Here are a few fun facts about Madelyn from our video interview tonight:
Favorite color: pink, yellow, and orange (she said this as she was looking at her cake)
Favorite sport(s): soccer and basketball
Who are your friends: Eliza, Gabi, and Eden
What do you like to do: Play Barbies, babies, Just Dance on the Wii, ride my bike with training wheels around the neighborhood
What's your nickname: Supergirl, gymnastics girl, ballerina girl
What do you want to be when you grow up: a mom
One other cute story about Madelyn: our neighbor asked her recently how old she would be on her birthday and Madelyn told her five. Cara said something to me about it and I told her she was only going to be four. Madelyn's friend Eden is already five and Madelyn is dying to be as old as Eden so she has been telling me she will be four which is almost five. I think she was thinking she would only be four for a few days and then move right onto five. We sure love our little Madelyn!
Here are a few fun facts about Madelyn from our video interview tonight:
Favorite color: pink, yellow, and orange (she said this as she was looking at her cake)
Favorite sport(s): soccer and basketball
Who are your friends: Eliza, Gabi, and Eden
What do you like to do: Play Barbies, babies, Just Dance on the Wii, ride my bike with training wheels around the neighborhood
What's your nickname: Supergirl, gymnastics girl, ballerina girl
What do you want to be when you grow up: a mom
One other cute story about Madelyn: our neighbor asked her recently how old she would be on her birthday and Madelyn told her five. Cara said something to me about it and I told her she was only going to be four. Madelyn's friend Eden is already five and Madelyn is dying to be as old as Eden so she has been telling me she will be four which is almost five. I think she was thinking she would only be four for a few days and then move right onto five. We sure love our little Madelyn!
3 comments:
What a cute girl! I'm glad she had a fun day. Four is a fun age! Did she like Tangled? That is our new favorite!
Cute, I love your posts. Happy birthday to Madelyn!!
Love this post of a super cute girl. I think the cake is fabulous! I loved the part about not turning four until her party.
Post a Comment