Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big changes ahead

At the beginning of February, Aaron was given notice at work that his position was being eliminated. He was given 30 days notice. He immediately began searching for a job and we started getting our house ready to go on the market. We made a list of all of the things we wanted to do to get it ready. Our list originally had about 45 items, but I think it eventually made it's way up over 50. We worked hard over the next several weeks completing items on our list.
With the slow market, we decided to put it on the market figuring it would take several months to sale and by then Aaron would have a new position. One open house and two showings later, we had an offer.
This is the most impressive picture of our house. We have sure loved living here and will miss it tremendously. Our younger kids don't know what it's like not to have a gym in your house. Aaron has had some really strong interviews in the past week. We are hoping for some news to come soon.

9 comments:

Kris said...

Impressive is an understatement!!! Sure wish we would have made it to see you there but maybe in Phoenix???!!!

Michelle said...

Count us in for some prayers. And yes...what an impressive pic. Your house is beautiful but you will find something just perfect in your next area. Thinking of you ;)

Heather said...

I had never seen a picture of the outside of your house - holy windows!!! I'm sure you'll miss it and many other things, but I'm also sure great things are ahead for you. Good luck to Aaron and your whole family!

Kate said...

Holy Cow! Your house is gorgeous! How exciting that it sold so quickly! Keep us posted on where you end up next.

missy said...

I know I shouldn't covet, but that playroom/gym is amazing!! I wish we had one! :) Good luck with the impending move. We wish you all the best! I'll be anxious to hear how this all progresses for you.

Sherri said...

I'm like Kris, I wish we could have came and visit you and see your house. You'll just have to find something just as fun in the next one :) That is great news that it sold so quick!

Kenna said...

You look so thrilled to be painting in your collage of pictures! It must have been a blast to have a gym in your house. It is so unique. I am sure that is why it sold so quickly. Congratulations and good luck to your family!

Mindy said...

I AGREE! Impressive!

Diane said...

How lucky to have sold your house so soon. I would love to have that space! Is praying you find a job in columbus asking too much? Powell is a great place...just sayin!