Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My new smile

Yesterday was my big day...the braces came off! It's not often I post any pictures of myself because I'm usually the one behind my camera, but a friend told me I needed to do a before and after shot so this is for you, Patrice!

I have seen many patients proudly walk out of the orthodontist's office with one of these posters. I was slightly embarrassed to walk out with the poster, but happy because it meant I am done! I wore braces for about 14 months. Now I'm in retainers full time for a year and then only at night. I love the flexibility to be able to take them out when I eat or want a picture with no wires.

9 comments:

Christina Griffith said...

That is a cute poster! Yay for getting them off! Do your teeth feel slippery and smooth now? LOL

Aaron & Nancy said...

Yes, Christie, my teeth do feel very strange...so smooth! They also seem huge since I'm used to not being able to see very much of them.

JennyAllen said...

I remember that day too! I was 17 when I got my braces off. I hated the sound of the clamp popping off the brackets. I thought for sure my teeth were going to break!

Happy day for you! Enjoy chewing gum and anything else you want to eat :)

Jenny said...

You look wonderful Nancy (not that you didn't before)! I bet you are glad to be done with that process.

missy said...

Hooray!! Congratulations. You have a beautiful smile! How nice to be through with braces. Are you glad you did it? I think the poster was a little off. I think you look like a million bucks!

Kate said...

You look GREAT! Congrats!

Kim T. said...

You look great!!! Million dollar smile!

Diane said...

Nancy, You look awesome!

Janetta said...

Congrats! Great smile. Just a word of wisdom from someone who had braces as a teenager and did everything faithfully then, but then once they were off I forgot to wear my retainer...wear it! Many of my problems have returned because I haven't worn it. Oh, I wish I could go back and change that.