Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Camping

We didn't go camping last summer so the kids insisted we go this year. I don't love camping, but it is nice to all be together and not have the distractions of everyday life. The picture of Madelyn and Naomi playing their Barbie laptop was so cute. While everyone was setting up camp, I looked over and saw them engrossed in their game.

The tire swing that Frank hung up was a huge hit. Whenever everyone was sitting around camp, you would hear a chorus of girls calling for Aaron to come and push them. The other guys were happy to let Aaron have the attention.
This has to be everyone's favorite part of camping...riding 4-wheelers and motorcycles. I wish I had taken a picture of Justin and Will because they both learned to ride motorcycles this trip. Justin had learned before, but this year he rode A LOT and loved it!
Grandma brought these marshmallow guns up for the kids to play with. They were a mess, but they had fun.
We went fishing for an afternoon and got lots of fish. Justin had done very little fishing before and caught three so he was pretty excited. He talks all the time at home when we have fish about how much better the fish is when we are up camping. I think we caught a total of over 20 fish so they had a fish fry for breakfast.

Madelyn is wearing a cowboy hat that she stole from her Uncle Devan in a couple of the pictures. She was a pretty big flirt with him and loved taking his hat.

No comments: