Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camp Marsha

Last summer when we moved, my sister-in-law Marsha came and got our kids and took them back to Ohio for a few days while we were moving. She knows how much Elizabeth loves crafts so she had lots of fun activities planned for them. Those days were nicknamed "Camp Marsha". She had such a great time doing it, she decided to expand it to include all of the cousins who could make it this year. She had the older girls help her as "YCC's" (Youth Camp Counselors) and they were each responsible for 2 to 3 of the younger children. This is all Elizabeth has been talking about for the last month, she was so excited!

Check out this ambitious schedule! I should have taken a picture of our kids Wednesday afternoon. The three younger ones were asleep within three minutes of our leaving Camp Marsha!
Here are some photos of some of their activities: making bracelets, soap, earrings, t-shirts, flip flops, painting rocks, bonfires, and even a camp store to name a few! There definitely wasn't anytime for these kids to get bored! I loved her "clothesline" for the cups. Marsha thought of everything!
Free time was filled with hours of swimming. The YCC's even had the kids pass a swim test to determine if they needed to wear a life jacket! I know that every craft didn't turn out perfect, but the memories these kids made with their cousins will last a lifetime. Thanks, Marsha, for all of your hardwork and creativity!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marsha Elaine Allen said...

This is great of you taking so many pictures of the fun week we had. I might ask you to be the photographer for camp next year! I sure hope they all remember the fun things we did and not me yelling at them! I am a MOM! I like to YELL!

Marsha Elaine Allen said...

This is great of you taking so many pictures of the fun week we had. I might ask you to be the photographer for camp next year! I sure hope they all remember the fun things we did and not me yelling at them! I am a MOM! I like to YELL!