Tuesday, June 5, 2012

School's Out!


Today was the last day of school for our kids.  Bruce finished up first grade and Will finished up second grade.  I don't see a lot of change in these two from last August (Will is even wearing the same outfit!)  They have adjusted to a new school and made a lot of good friends.  I was laughing a couple of weeks ago when I went in and ate lunch with both boys.  Will was thrilled to have the girls and I there.  Bruce just wanted to sit with his friends.  Hard to believe next year Madelyn will be in this picture!

These two have changed a ton!  Elizabeth was terrified (that word may not be strong enough) to begin Middle School, being the new kid at school.  Within a matter of days, they both made friends and have had a fantastic year.  They both look so much older and have grown up so much this year.  I love who they are becoming.  They are both unique in their own way, but are just great kids.  Happy summer vacation, everyone!  
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the kids are growing up so fast!! Remember when they were all babies. So funny that Will is wearing the same outfit on the first and last day of school.
Taking the picture against the panel door really offers perspective to how much E and J really grew several inches since school started.
Congratulations to you for raising such cool kids!!! Here's to a great summer vacation!

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign that comment...
Bailey

Katie said...

Wow! They have grown up! I love the idea of a before and after picture! I'm so glad Elizabeth adjusted quickly! I hated middle school so I don't blame her for being terrified! It's fun to see your kids, and I always knew they would grow up to be great kids! You're amazing parents! Miss you guys!