Day of the big race! I wasn't planning on running with anyone, but at the last minute, my friend Cheryl decided to run it (she ran a marathon 6 weeks ago so she had already been training). It was so nice to have someone to run with! I was so nervous! We couldn't have had better weather. It was a little chilly at 6 a.m., but it warmed up and was beautiful and not too hot or humid!
I had a few more who joined me near the end. Justin ran the last four miles with us. The boys wondered why we were going so slow. I assured them after 22 miles, they wouldn't want to run very fast either. The first 20 miles we did pretty well. The last six miles, I wanted to die!
Perhaps the coolest part of the race...running into the stadium. I had done a half marathon here a few years ago. I'm not a Notre Dame fan, but it's an awesome feeling to run onto that field.
Waving to my fans...Aaron and the kids and his parents. One thing I love about running races is the positive environment. Water stations are set up every mile and all of the volunteers are constantly cheering you on, as are other runners and spectators. It's great to see everyone cheering each other on - so much positive energy!
If you recall, I posted about a month ago about my feet which you can read here. As an update, my toenail has come off on my second toe and I'm sure my big toenail will fall off soon. I started wearing the Injini toe socks which has really cut down on the blisters and Vaseline has become my best friend.

1 comment:
So proud of you Nancy! You rock to the enth degree as a woman and a mother! *hugs*
Post a Comment