You can see these pictures were taken in the middle of window painting, but that's not what this post is about. It seems I am constantly cleaning up this table. It's where our kids create. I love that they love to create, but I don't love the mess. It is covered almost daily with scissors, crayons, paints, and the list goes on and on. While the mess drives me crazy, I have realized the importance of letting my kids make this daily mess. They usually spend time here while I'm on the other side of the counter cooking or cleaning. We are able to have time together while I'm accomplishing my chores and they are learning. Bruce sits in here almost every afternoon while I'm making dinner and writes his letters.
Naomi has already begun to join in the fun. She loves to color and would love to get her hands on some paint too!
Finished product: painted pinecones that they are planning to hang on the Christmas tree!
Justin wasn't into the painting scene. He instead made this handy little wallet (credit card pockets included) for his brother Bruce out of duct tape. He has been so into duct tape lately. I think he's gone through about three rolls in the past couple of months.

No comments:
Post a Comment