After nearly eight months of painting, I am thrilled to be nearing completion! Well, with the main floor at least! Last week, I had the pleasure of painting over this lovely painted flower swag looking thing. The windows are all painted now too which is awesome! They were such a pain with all of these grids that go on them.
Here's a look at the entry way walking in the front door. The color on top is the same color as the bottom, but at 50%. We're still planning to update some of the light fixtures and hardware in the house. Someday...Here is a look down the hallway from the front door into our dinette. I still have seven more of these boxes to paint going up the stairs. I started with 30 or 31 so I think I can manage another seven. I love the warmness in our house from the new paint color. It's amazing what a little paint (or in this case a lot of paint) can do. It's been a slow process because I do most of the painting in the evenings after the kids are in bed or on Saturdays.

2 comments:
I have to laugh because you said you spent 8 months painting and then the first picture is a lovely painted flower above your window. My initial thought was that it took you 8 months to paint that. As nice as it was, it was time to paint over it. The house is beautiful! What a project!
That looks amazing! I love the color and the boxes! It's amazing the power of paint!
Post a Comment