Aaron. This shouldn't come as any surprise considering what we've been through these past two and a half weeks. I will try not to make this too sappy, but I feel so blessed to have him in my life. Most people know that we met in Columbus, Ohio, after I graduated from BYU. He was attending Ohio State. I felt like Columbus was the place for me to move after graduating even though I didn't know a soul there. Being pretty adventurous and single, I went for it. Aaron was one of the first people I met at church. We were married six months later. Incidentally, we are celebrating our 14th anniversary this month.
Two and a half weeks ago as I drove from the local hospital to the heart center, I had so many thoughts going through my head. Aaron has always been very healthy, boasting that he doesn't ever get sick. My world was rocked with that one phone call. Although it was scary, I didn't have any regrets. Aaron is so easy to get along with and always puts my needs and the needs of our family above his own. Every phone call and every time he steps out the door, we always say "I love you". I can't imagine life without him. He always takes everything so calmly and is so good at calming me when I am upset about something.
We haven't ever had time to hang out together at home like we have lately. Whenever he takes vacation we are always visiting family somewhere. It was so nice to have him home the past two weeks. Every morning Madelyn would wake up and ask him if he was going to work. When he told her he was staying home she was so happy - everyday. I don't want to ever take our relationship or any other relationship for granted because I've learned how quickly things can change. Thankfully, I didn't have to learn the hard way. We've been given more time together with him and for that I am so thankful!
My goal this month is to post daily (or almost daily) what I am thankful for. I simply love this time of year and feel so blessed. If anyone else wants to take the challenge, let me know because I'd love to read your blogs!


3 comments:
I am inspired to journal my blessings this month. Thanks for your blog Nancy!
I remember fondly that fateful adventure with you and the red Beretta. Wasn't he the first person we met when we pulled into the parking lot? My brother calls those kind of events (that seem to happen to me to) "the gift of (seeming) randomness"... a sort of "gift of the spirit."
I am SOOO glad you and Aaron are together and hope that you will have many happy years to enjoy together. You have an awesome family and I am so happy I got to enjoy even one afternoon with y'all so recently.
I love the Allens!!!
I remember watching you from a distance in the institute class in Columbus. Jeff and I attended when we could. You had just arrived and fairly quickly hitched up with Aaron. I remember hearing him talk about you one day and how he was so amazed by your focus and dedication to the church, scriptures, etc. You two made a great couple then and even more so now. I'm so glad you found each other. And I'm glad that your story continues...
Post a Comment