visiting teaching. In our church, we are assigned to visit a few women each month from our congregation (we call this program visiting teaching). We share a spiritual message, visit, and check to see if they are in need of anything. We go in pairs. My partner has been the same since we moved here and I love her! I love the time I have to go and visit with women from church and get to know them better. Throughout the years I have been able to make some close friends that I might not have otherwise gotten to know. In Ohio, I visited a woman who is now 93 years old. She loved our monthly visits and always looked forward to seeing my kids. It was such a treat for us too. I have two pieces of artwork hanging in our house that she gave me.
I share this because I think it's important to take the time in our busy lives to serve others. I'm grateful for a program that gives me this opportunity because I know I'm a better person each time I do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment